Between 2,000 and 3,200 unaccompanied asylum-seeking children come to the UK each year, seeking sanctuary from a difficult and frightening situation.
Children arriving in the UK find themselves alone, with little or no support.
At ACS we specialise in providing cultural and religious placements for vulnerable children and we have extensive experience of providing stability and security for sanctuary seeking children, helping them to adjust to life in the UK and helping them to become part of the new local community.
As a foster carer with ACS caring for a child seeking asylum you will:
• Identify appropriate places of worship if required
• Provide for specific dietary needs
• Help children access legal support
• Ensure a child’s health is assessed.
We are a multi-cultural fostering service, we have White, Black and Asian foster carers which enables us to specialise in providing cultural placement matches for children of faith and non-faith.
Our multi-disciplinary team come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we believe that by passing on our knowledge and experience to you, you’ll be able to make a vital difference to children in need of foster care. We are committed to offering all the support you need to succeed.
We hear all the time from fostering applicants, how they have been turned away from other fostering providers, because of their commitment to mosque attendance. Here at ACS, this will not be a barrier to fostering, we welcome people of faith, but we also respect everyone’s religious view. If you have no faith – we welcome you too.
• Support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
• A generous financial package most of our foster carers receive £405 per week per child.
• A comprehensive training programme
• Regular peer group meetings
• A calendar of events, activities and days out for you, your family and the children you care for
• Access to key local community groups and further support resources
• Regular home support visits from your personal Link Worker
• Paid respite
You don’t need to be married to foster, or even living with a partner, we welcome people regardless of their relationship status or sexuality. All we ask is:
• Do you have a spare bedroom?
• You are over 25 years old?
• Do you enjoy the company of young people?
• You have a sense of humour and the ability to see the positive wherever possible?
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.